Match Date : 19th May 2015
Match Time : 8-00(PM)(IST)
Match Stage : Qualifier-1
Match Venue : Whankhade Stadium, Mumbai.
It’s the play-off time. League matches are done,4 teams are set to play the play-offs. Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore are the teams going to fight in the play-offs. Chennai Super Kings are the top of the table with 18 points followed by Mumbai Indians with 16 points. MI, RCB, RR all have 16 points but MI have advantage of 8 wins in the league make them to move to 2nd place of the table.
CSK will takes on MI in their territory of Mumbai. Mumbai lost their four openings games in thus season and comeback very hard later the season to reach the 2nd place. CSK have no surprise to reach the play-offs. They are the only team to qualify to the play-offs in all the editions of IPL. In this year IPL both the team won 1-1 each when playing against each other. In all time record they tie with 10-10 wins. So it’s going to be great battle of this season.
Advantages for CSK:
- They have high class international players in the side.
- They know how to play the big games.
- MS Dhoni’s captaincy will always spot on.
- They are having good bowling attack that can help to depend the small totals.
- CSK having the best fielding attack in the tournament.
Disadvantages for CSK:
- The firepower Brendon McCullum not available for CSK. This will definitely affect the CSK.
- Suresh Raina and Faf Du Plessis not in great touch. They are in and out of forms in this season.
Advantages for MI:
- They play as a team. They are not depending on any single player for their fortunes.
- They are also big match players they know very well about CSK.
- MI playing in their home. So its going to be blue all over the stadium to cheer their team.
- They Playing very consistent cricket in the 2nd half of this season.
Disadvantages for MI:
- Sometimes their bowlers show very ordinary stuff.
- They drop some important catches in the tournament. So they need to improve lot in the fielding department.
CSK - Predicted XI:
Dwayne Smith, Michael Hussey , Suresh Raina, Faf Du Plessis, MS Dhoni (captain & WK), Dwayne Bravo, Pawan Negi, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Aashish Nehra, Ishwar Pandey.
MI – Predicted XI:
Parthiv Patel (WK), Lendl Simmons, Rohit Sharma (captain), Kieron Pollard, Ambati Rayudu, Hardik Pandya, Chuchith, Harbhajan Singh, Vinay Kumar, Mitchell McClenaghan, Lasith Malinga.
Tough, really tough to predict the winner. The winning chance stands 50-50 for each side.